Work experience in Tourism
August– Oct 2018:
GUÍDE –INTERPRETER ROYAL SITE OF EL PARDO. NATIONAL HERITAGE
• Guided visits in Spanish and English in the Royal Palace of El Pardo.
Feb. 2009 – Nowadays:
OFFICIAL TOURIST GUIDE OF THE COMMUNITY OF MADRID
• Guided visits in Museums and Monuments and guided tours in Madrid and the Community of Madrid in Spanish, English, French and Spanish Sign Language.
April – July 2017:
TURISMO EXPERIENCE SL
• Guided visits and guided walks in Spanish, English and French in Madrid, panoramic bus in Madrid, Royal Palace of Madrid and excursions to the El Escorial Monastery – Valley of the Fallen and Toledo.
May – Nov. 2008:
NATIONAL HERITAGE – ROYAL PALACE OF ARANJUEZ
• Guide – interpreter in Spanish and English realising guided visits in the Royal Site of Aranjuez.
Nov 2006 – April 2008:
TOURISM OFFICE OF CHAMARTIN OF THE COMMUNITY OF MADRID
• Tourist information agent.
July – September 2006:
TOURISM BOARD OF MADRID
• Tourist information agent (subcontracted through Magma Servicios Culturales SL).
Feb – July 1999:
EL ARTE DE VIAJAR (Travel Agency)
• Travel agent. Reception of phone calls, books, maintenance of booklets and customer service.
1993-1996: REVALIDATION EXAM (1996)
• DIPLOMA OF TOURISM – OFFICIAL TEAT TITLE (Certification in Touristic Activities and Tourism Management).
• OFFICIAL TOURIST GUIDE CARD OF THE COMMUNITY OF MADRID.
• AUTHORISED NATIONAL HERITAGE CARD OF THE COMMUNITY OF MADRID.
• AUTHORISED TOLEDO CATHEDRAL AND MONUMENTS OF TOLEDO CARD.
• INGLÉS C1 Certificate from UNED (The National Distance Education University)
• FRANCÉS B2 Certificate from UNED
• SPANISH SIGN LANGUAGE (SSL) (Diploma accredited advanced level)
• INTERNACIONAL SIGN SYSTEM (ISS) Certificate from the Association of Madrid for the Deaf.
• MICROSOFT OFFICE, INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC MAIL
Trainer work experience
• TRAINER IN THE SEMINAR IN SPANISH SIGN LANGUAGE TO TOURIST INFORMATION AGENTS OF THE COMMUNITY OF MADRID – MAD ABOUT INFO (2012).
Courses and Seminars
• TECHNICIAN IN LABOUR RISK PREVENTION – BASIC LEVEL (VIRTUAL) (30h) (2013)
• “SUPPORT TO DISABLED PEOPLE IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS” (20h) (2014)
• CERTIFICATE OF THE VIRTUAL COURSE OF FIRST AID (2014)
• Recognition to be the first tourist guide with a hearing impairment with the Spanish Sign Lan-guage in Spain by the Minister of Tourism and the General Director of Tourism, at the act of the day 4th February 2009, in the delivering of the Official Tourist Guide cards. I intervened in the TV news in Telemadrid, in the newspapers El Mundo Digital, Qué! and 20 Minutos. Also in internet (Fesorcam, deminorias.com, diariosigno.com and other different websites), the international magazine “Audio Infos” (05/2012), and RNE (Spanish National Radio).
• Participation as speaker at “Conference of Hearing Impairment Rights and Services” about my work as Official Tourist Guide for the Deaf. CRMF Salamanca. (19th May 2011).
• Participation as speaker “IV International Congress Tourism for all” Foundation ONCE Ávila (27th Jun 2013).
• Finalist XV Edition Prize HERMESTUR of AEPT Professionalism in the Tourism field (2015).
• Presentation at the Reina Sofía Museum “Inclusive conference of professionals” (3rd Dec 2018).
• Participation at the International Congress of the Museum for all people: Art, Accessibility and Art Inclusion MUSACCES (April 2019).
• Participation as speaker in Inclusion and Diversity Conference (May 2019).
• Collaboration with CALICRATES on the diagnosis of accessibility of the Museum of Navarre (Pamplona) and the Museum of Carlism in the town of Estrella in Navarre for the Deaf and hard of hearing people. (1st October 2019).
• Valid Driving License B and own car.
• TYPING: (Maximum. 350 w.p.m). (1997).
• Availability to travel.